Friday, January 16, 2009

cold

The northeast is experiencing record cold temperatures right now. It was 2 degrees in Philadelphia this morning. Yet, our brave girl Lucy is on a wilderness camping trip in New Hampshire. It is a 5 day trip. She is packing/sledding all her gear in to the site. She is sleeping in a tent and snow shoeing every where! I can't wait to hear about it on her return. Right now I can only think--WOW it must me cold. Check out the link on the right for more info about the trip.

"In the winter, ice bounds the lakes and a blanket of deep snow covers the forest. This is the time to add our ski tracks to those of moose and snowshoe hare’s. January, February and March are great months for very special ski and snowshoe trips to our traditional winter base camp, hidden away in the forest on a frozen beaver pond." --Kroka Newsletter

1 comment:

Erikah said...

Holy Bananas! I can't believe Miss Lucy! She's always been so special but she's super brave too!!! I don't know if I could do that ..haha. I love your blog! I love how happy you all look in your pictures! It's so beautiful but I must admit it makes me miss you soooo much!! I hope you all know how much you mean to me and how often I think of you and all the wonderful things you have taught me. I can't WAIT to see you both and Lucy!! and Ruby too! She's adorable and she does have a fantastic sense of fashion. I'm jealous! All my love to everyone!